Liverpool FC, one of the most iconic clubs in English football, has been graced by some of the finest goal-scorers in Premier League history. Here’s a rundown of the top 10 players who have netted the most for the Reds in the league:
- Daniel Sturridge – 50 goals: Forming a formidable partnership with Luis Suárez, Sturridge was a key figure in Liverpool’s 2013–14 season, contributing 21 goals.
- Dirk Kuyt – 51 goals: Known for his relentless work ethic, Kuyt consistently found the back of the net during his six-year stint at Anfield.
- Fernando Torres – 65 goals: After joining from Atletico Madrid, Torres quickly became a fan favorite, scoring 65 goals in just 102 appearances.
- Luis Suarez – 69 goals: The Uruguayan striker’s prolificacy was evident during his time at Liverpool, especially in the 2013/14 season where he clinched the Golden Boot.
- Roberto Firmino – 79 goals: The Brazilian forward has been instrumental in Jurgen Klopp’s system, surpassing Suarez’s tally with a hat-trick against Watford.
- Sadio Mané – 90 goals: Despite his move to Bayern Munich, Mané’s contribution to Liverpool, including a shared Golden Boot in the 2018–19 season, remains significant.
- Michael Owen – 118 goals: Bursting onto the scene as a teenager, Owen’s pace and finishing made him one of the Premier League’s deadliest strikers.
- Steven Gerrard – 120 goals: The legendary Liverpool captain, known for his leadership and long-range strikes, sits third on this list.
- Robbie Fowler – 128 goals: Fondly referred to as “God” by the Anfield faithful, Fowler’s goal-scoring prowess is second only to one.
- Mohamed Salah – 129 goals: The Egyptian winger has been nothing short of sensational for Liverpool, recently surpassing Fowler’s record to become the club’s all-time leading scorer in the Premier League.
The recent 7-0 victory over Manchester United was a landmark game, not just for the team, but for Salah, who scored twice to overtake club legends Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard in the goal-scoring charts.